Nutrition is not much complex as Demand and supply because we never want to learn the concept behind science and we always think it required intellectual skills but in reality, it is only about the simple science what we taught in early school days. In simple science terms, nutrition is the supply of material food required by the organism and cells to stay alive. Nutrition is all about demand and supply and we never understand the phenomenon behind this, we should keep asking questions to our self that whatever food we take is it really giving us the proper nutrition which required to my body or is it healthy.
There are lots of components of nutrient like Carbohydrates, Protein, Fat, Fibre and Vitamins etc. all these components are required to maintain the proper functioning of the body and help in keeping away from diseases.
Macro-nutrition is that nutrition which provides us with energy and required in large quantity like Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat. Which mean these are most required nutrition’s for the body and provide fuel to the body to perform day to day work.
- Carbohydrates– Carbohydrates are the most important component because it is the main source of energy and they are more complex and therefore take the longest time to break down and be absorbed into the bloodstream and every 1 gram of carbohydrates gives you 4 calories.
- Protein-it is an organic compound in nature that combines to form proteins. There are 20 types of amino acid and they are essential means they need to be consumed and 1 gram of protein gives you 4 calories.
- Fat-fat is required in the diet for health as they serve many functions, including lubricating the joints in the body, helps organs producing hormones, assisting in absorbing of certain vitamins, reducing inflammation and preserving brain and 1 gram of fat gives you 9 calories.
How nutrition can help you to keep fit
Now the questions arise how can we implement all those science in real life?
The answer is really simple we need to count our food intake by calculating all the nutrition facts of that particular food in the calories term, which helps you in more accurate about the calories count. There are some steps you should follow to know the calories count according to your body.
- Firstly you need to know your BMI(Body Mass Index) which help you in getting your calories intake and the only thing is to need to do is just filling your Age, weight, height and physical involvement and almost every BMI calculator are accurate and easily accessible on the internet.
- BMI provides you with the calories intake which you should take in a particular day. Suppose you need to take 1600 calories in a day, so then you have to do is start preparing your food chart according to your calories requires in a day.
- Then start dividing your 1600 calories in 4 or 5 meals in a day, like breakfast it should be heavy because it is the most important meal of the day and gives you fuel for rest of the day.500 calories should be spent on breakfast and rest on other meals in descending order like:-
- Breakfast – 500
- Snack – 200
- Lunch – 400
- Snack – 100
- Dinner – 300
- If BMI shows that a person needs to take 2000 calories to maintain his weight that means if he takes calories more than 2000 his weight starts increasing and if he takes fewer calories than 2000 his weight start losing his weight.
- Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fat have a direct relationship with body fitness. If someone wants to look muscular or focusing on bodybuilding he or she needs to focus on Protein, if some indulge in physical intensive work he or she needs to focus on carbohydrates and someone is looking to lose weight he or she focuses on taking less fat.
- Sometimes carbohydrates also converted in fats in the case when the calories were not able to burn enough to maintain the weight well in this case carbohydrates start storing in glycogen and start converting in fats.
These are some basics about the nutrition which everyone should aware of that believe me it takes some time in starting but I think it worth to waste time on your health and knowledge.
Read Article: Is Cheat Meal Important